PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATION SERVICES IN 150 LANGUAGES
LinguaVox only works with professional translators. LinguaVox is a professional translation company with two quality certificates: ISO 9001:2008 certified quality management system & UNE EN-15038:2006 (certified translation services). We provide professional translation services in 150 languages and most technical areas. Keep on reading if you want to know who will translate your documents; or, to put it in another way, what constitutes a professional translator for us. If you agree with our vision of the requirements a professional translator should meet, you can contact us for a free quote for translation.
At LinguaVox quality is our number one priority and we specialise in accurate translations to fulfil your specific requirements. Our services are offered to both individuals and businesses across many varied industries. We have the skills to offer professional translation services to diverse sectors such as legal, accountancy, banking, IT, marketing, management, government, telecom, health and construction.
Our technical expertise and experience over 10 years enables us to create business translation services with an exceptional level of accuracy and written in a style to suit your project or particular need. The quality of our translations stems from our strong team of translators who utilise their target and native languages and specialist sector knowledge to proficiently deliver excellent results for any project.
Our Professional Translation Services
We are consummate professionals in the field and we offer our services to any private or public institution or organisation. In the global marketplace you need to be able to bridge the gap between different countries, cultures and languages and this is where our professional translation services can provide valuable assistance. Translations play a pivotal role in cross cultural business and it will help you to build stronger partnerships with your business stakeholders and clients if the understanding and appreciation of the finer details is taken care of.
To provide perfect written translation requires specialist skills and meticulous attention to detail. Therefore investing in professional translation services from LinguaVox will ensure you receive written translations of the highest standard from our in-house and freelance translation experts. Our business translation services are focused on assisting organisations looking for top quality translation work at affordable rates.
ONLINE PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS TRANSLATION SERVICES
LinguaVox works with professional translators specialised in most technical areas:
- Professional Document Translators. We will assign the translation of your business documents to a professional translator with several years of experience translating similar texts.
- Professional Technical Translators. The professional translators assigned to a technical translation project must show verifiable experience as technical translators in the same technical area the texts deal with.
- Professional Medical Translators. Pharmaceutical and medical translation projects are carried out by professional translators with extensive experience in the pharmaceutical and medical fields.
- Professional Legal Translators. Only professional translators with previous experience in legal translation projects and a solid legal background will handle the translation of your legal documents.
- Professional Certified Translators. We work with professional translators who are certified in different countries. Certification requirements vary from one country to another. Thus, it is important that you inform us where you are going to use the certified translation so that we know which certified translator to contact. We work with sworn translators in Spain, France, Turkey, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, certified translators in the United Kingdom or the United States, and authorised translators in most world countries. Translation legalisation and notarisation services are also available in some countries.
- Professional Website Translators. We work with professional translators specialised in website translation and localisation, who will make sure the translated version of your website will look similar to the original.
- Professional Patent Translators. Patent translation services are highly specialised and only professional patent translators can guarantee flawless patent translations.
- Professional Software Localisers. If you want to translate or localise a software program or a videogame, our videogame and software localisation division will advise you about the best procedures to follow.
- Professional Multimedia Translators. We offer dubbing, subtitling, voice-over, and other multimedia translation services.
- Professional Desktop Publishing Services. Our typesetting and DTP department will make sure the translated document will look similar in any language (Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, etc) and any DTP package (Indesign, Illustrator, etc).
- Urgent Translation Services. We have a large database of professional translators and can handle large translation volumes at short notice.
- Professional Oral Translators - Language Interpreters. We offer language interpreting services in most large cities in the world.
Professional translators in the UK & the USA
We are proud to have one the most comprehensive databases of translators in the UK & the USA. All our US and UK translators and interpreters are qualified to degree level and / or have documented experience translating into their target language.
LinguaVox is a translation agency with offices in Europe and the United States and can offer multilingual professional translation services to clients in most UK and US cities, London, Birmingham, Glasgow, Liverpool, Leeds, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Bristol, Manchester, Cardiff, Belfast, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Detroit, Austin, San Jose, Nashville, Portland, etc.
PROFESSIONAL BUSINESS TRANSLATION AGENCY: 150 LANGUAGES
Our professional translation agency works with professional translators who can translate in virtually all language combinations with English as a source or target language: English-Spanish, English-French, English-German, English-Portuguese, English-Italian, English-Chinese, English-Arabic, English-Japanese, English-Russian, English-Basque, English-Bengali, English-Bulgarian, English-Burmese, English-Catalan, English-Czech, English-Danish, English-Dutch, English-English, English-Estonian, English-Finnish, English-Greek, English-Hebrew, English-Hindi-Urdu, English-Hungarian, English-Indonesian, English-Irish, English-Javanese, English-Kannada, English-Korean, English-Latvian, English-Lithuanian, English-Malay, English-Malayalam, English-Marathi, English-Norwegian (Bokmål and Nyorsk), English-Oriya, English-Pashto, English-Persian, English-Polish, English-Punjabi, English-Romanian, English-Serbo-Croatian, English-Slovak, English-Slovene, English-Swedish, English-Tagalog, English-Tamil, English-Telugu, English-Thai, English-Turkish, English-Ukrainian, English-Vietnamese, English-Welsh, etc.
Additionally, we can also provide you with language interpreters in other language combinations without English as a source or target language: German-French, Italian-Czech, Spanish-Arabic, etc.
WHAT CONSTITUTES A PROFESSIONAL TRANSLATOR?
The debate over what constitutes a good translator is one of the oldest in the field of translation. The concept of quality itself has repeatedly proven to be elusive and dependent on numerous factors, including cultural aspects, the client's expectations, and industry-specific requirements and conventions.
Although there have been attempts to provide a standardised set of criteria to define what makes a good translator, many experts claim that after all, perhaps being too rigid regarding the definitional criteria could be counter-productive. So, are there any practical guidelines that can allow us to identify a professional translator?
The answer to the question above is positive. In the first place, a professional translator must possess outstanding linguistic skills. This does not necessarily mean being a native speaker of a particular language, and certainly, bilingualism does not automatically turn someone into a good translator. Linguistic skills obviously entail having detailed knowledge of the terminology and structures of both the source and the target language. But there is more to translation work than just that. The main objective of a translation job is to make foreign words and concepts understandable and clear to the target audience, without inaccuracies, ambiguity or vagueness. It is interesting to note that most instances of inaccuracy, ambiguity and vagueness are not strictly related to words per se, but rather to the context in which these words are used. For a translator to be able to contextualise a text, he or she must be knowledgeable about the cultural aspects that influence each of the languages in question, in addition to having specific knowledge of both the language and the subject matter. The culturally-dependent nature of language cannot be overlooked.
More importantly, professional translators must possess outstanding writing skills in their target language (which ideally should be their native language too). This is important, since average writing skills can result in inexactitudes, misunderstandings, “foreign-looking” texts, or downright errors. While writing skills can be acquired or polished through specialist training and experience, it is always preferable that translators have a natural aptitude for writing.
Personal characteristics play an important role in determining who can become a good translator. In addition to cultural sensitivity and a flair for writing, translators must be naturally curious and excellent researchers. These characteristics will come in handy when facing a project on a completely new subject matter, as translators must then be able to process and internalise large amounts of information, concepts, and data. Similarly, being rigorous, having time-management skills, a sense of empathy, and having attention for detail are valuable.
When it comes to selecting our translators, at LinguaVox we certainly look beyond qualifications and experience. However, and in compliance with European EN-15038 quality standards, we must guarantee that all our translators are qualified to degree level and / or have a recognised qualification in translation, plus s minimum of two years of verifiable working experience as professional translators. We are proud of being able to offer top-quality translations in more than 150 languages, but we are even prouder of counting on a large team of professional and well-rounded translators that share our vision.